Keep Pests Away from Your Guests!
Effective Pest Control Methods for Hotels and Lodgings
Not every effort needs to come from a professional, though. For example, hospitality managers can take steps to facilitate pest control in hotel housekeeping and in hotel kitchens. Such practices are typically easy to implement and require minimal effort. Some of them include the following:
- Inspect drains to ensure that they aren’t cracked, which could let in rats or cockroaches
- Promptly clean up all spilled food
- Do not store boxes, foodstuffs, or other items on the ground in kitchens; doing so provides harborage spaces for pests
- Install and maintain weather stripping on doors to prevent insects from gaining access
- Promptly clean and remove food waste from vacated rooms
- Fix cracks around windows, pipes, floorboards, ceiling tiles, and other access points
- Promptly bring deliveries inside the property, making sure to inspect them for evidence of pests
- Store garbage receptacles and all trash far away from the external walls of your property
No prevention method is entirely foolproof, and should pests begin to appear around your hotel, motel, or bed & breakfast, the most important step that you can take is to reach out to a pest control professional.
Pest Control for Hotels and Resorts
Besides maintaining your reputation, Smithereen’s pest control services can help you avoid thousands of dollars in regulatory fines and lawsuits from angry guests. With our Integrated Pest Management Program, we will help you eliminate pests using the following two-phase approach:
- Active Elimination: We will inspect your site for signs of pest droppings to estimate the scope of the infiltration. Then we’ll end your vermin problem with a combination of baits, traps, and repellent systems that are safe for use in sensitive areas.
- Consultation: After the threat is gone, our specialist will meet with you and senior staff to discuss measures your business can take so the pests won’t return. Common suggestions are identifying and sealing all cracks and securing food storage facilities.
Smithereen pest control specialists are trained to identify, assess, and eliminate infestations in hotels and hospitality facilities. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help your business.