Few pests give us the willies like spiders, they are universally one of the most hated home invaders. Spiders really get a bum rap since most of them are truly beneficial to keeping other pest populations low around a home, but Smithereen will be there for you to take care of all your six and eight legged pests.
Basic Spider Information
Spiders are 8-legged arachnids, with two body segments, and multiple pairs of eyes. Almost all spiders are predators either hunting down their prey or spinning sticky, silk webs to capture unsuspecting prey. Spiders create egg sacs with that same silk that may have hundreds of spider eggs. Most spiders are harmless and usually will not try to bite people unless they are mishandled or trapped, like rolling over onto one. Most spiders are not even strong enough to get through human skin to bite; they aren’t looking for a fight.
Keep Your Family Safe From Spiders!
How Homeowners Can Reduce Spider Populations In and Around the Home
- A vacuum cleaner is your best friend, regular cleaning of your home will eliminate webs, egg sacs and spiders on a routine basis keeping populations down and discouraging them from coming back.
- Reducing or eliminating vegetation touching the home will not just reduce spiders but also all kinds of other pests.
- De-cluttering areas that often get packed with stuff is also a great way to keep populations lower. Going through those areas frequently and cleaning will also help with spider reduction.
- De-cluttering areas outside like debris or firewood will create less harborage areas for spiders.
- Seal your home so they can’t get in. Screens and doors should have a tight seal to prevent not just spiders but all sorts of other insect and rodent pests.
- Sometimes even after you’ve done all of this you will need the help of a professional. Our trained technicians understand that your home is your sanctuary and it needs to be protected.
Smithereen Pest Management’s Spider Service Includes:
- Thorough inspection of the property inside and out with a detailed report of all conditions that are contributing to a spider issue.
- The trained and thoughtful technician will remove webbing and eggs sacs from the exterior of the home and certain areas on the interior.
- We will apply a liquid barrier on the exterior of the property to reduce entry as well as targeted dust applications on the interior depending on the areas of infestation.